Monday, August 16, 2010

They Blog – For The Love of Allah and Only For That

Interesting posting by M. Bakri Musa at

http://www.bakrimusa.com/archives/for-the-love-of-allah-and-only-for-that-rabia-al-adawiyya

On Rabi’a al-’Adawiyya:’s eloquent prayer:

O God! If I worship Thee for fear of Hell, then burn me in Hell
And if I worship Thee in hope of Paradise, then exclude me from there.
But if I worship Thee for Thine own sake,
Then grudge me not Your Everlasting Beauty!

M. Bakri Musa also expressed:

Unfortunately today religion, in particular Islam of the official Malaysian variety, is simplistically reduced to a series of dos and don’ts, as well as the accompanying mindset of garnering reward and avoiding punishment. The intrinsic value and satisfaction of doing good, and the avoidance of evil for its own (meaning, Allah’s) sake, are lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment